blackthund3r Search

Saturday 5 November 2011

iOS5.0.1 UDIDead

And the betas just keep coming, eh?! Well only in the last few days two more betas of iOS5.0.1 have been released (betas 1 and 2). For completeness I have created a bundle for both although for obvious reasons beta 2 is recommended over beta 1:
Beta 1 bundle: http://cl.ly/BZaz
Beta 2 bundle: http://cl.ly/BYLm


The current redsn0w will only recognise the b1 IPSW. Therefore you muse download both beta 1 and beta 2 in order to use UDIDead on b2:
1) Restore your iDevice to iOS5.0.1b2 in iTunes 10.5.1b2
2) Load up redsn0w with the -S command line argument as before
3) Choose the beta 1 IPSW
4) Choose the beta 2 bundle
5) Run redsn0w and activate in iTunes :)
As with the 5.0 betas Safari & Mail should work too. And yes I am still looking into the Siri port situation. @StanTheRipper has a package called 'SiriSn0w' which has the Siri GUI but not functional port. Also the package breaks copyright laws though if you don't mind having that on your conscience install it by all means though it is not finished. Your iDevice may need a restore after installing if you are unlucky. I take no responsibility for the use of it but if you're interested it exists. I have a system that may allow connection to Apple's servers but I need to test it all myself. I'll keep you all posted :)


~blackthund3r

No comments:

Post a Comment