blackthund3r Search

Wednesday 5 October 2011

Siri and iOS 5 GM

Just a quick post to let you all know: 1) iOS 5 GM was released last night. It doesn't require UDIDead to install on iPhones / iPods / iPads which have no UDID registered. There is no developer check in this release 2) As soon as the iPhone 4S firmware is out and decrypted I plan to look into the Siri feature. Devs have told us that much of it exists in the iPhone 4 FW already under the name of 'Assistant' but it can't be used. As soon as the FW gets available I'll see what I can do. Hopefully 0wnSiri will exist :) we can only see. Getting an iPad 2 port shouldn't pose a problem (Since it has the same CPU) and perhaps A4 devices too but if the code references certain parts of the hardware patching may have to occur (which we don't want if possible) but at this stage it's almost impossible to know =/ I'll keep y'all posted. Before releasing I'll test on my iPhone 3GS and iPod touch 4. If successful y'all be the first to know! ~Christopher

No comments:

Post a Comment