blackthund3r Search

Saturday 24 July 2010

A new project....

For those following the comments, you'll know I am working on a program to hacktivate the iPhone 3GS. So far this has had a successful beginning and I'll be working on this for a while more. I have completely ditched the idea of an injected dylib (like blackra1n does) but more like how PwnageTool does it. So far, for testing, this ramdisk is quite large (5mb without adding to restore ramdisk) but offers a full interactive SSH shell. Use iTunnel and putty. It automatically mounts both partitions (RootFS to /mnt and User FS to /mnt2) as well as fsck'ing them. Hacktivating is as easy as typing '/hacktivate' (without quotes) at the SSH prompt in to the SSH bash shell. SSH is set up immediately

The Application will be Windows only but a Mac OS X version may follow if I can be bothered to write it ;P

Watch this space ;)

Oh, and a quick update. I have just discovered OpenWinPwn (fallensn0w's implementation of the OpenPwn framework) and so have begun some basic payloads. Watch that space while you're at it, too! I'll be posting my payloads to the OpenPwn Forums - again, when I can be bothered!

I have also been lucky enough to be given the chance by qwertyoruiop to help him port his new tethered 'Cloud' jailbreak for OOTB MC model 4.0 devices. We are currently having some ramdisk and iBSS/iBEC issues but info will be posted when this is ready. Here's another space for you to watch :)


Until my next post: goodbye loyal readers! Oh and a recommendation: I have been helping HamsterPyro with some of his programs he is writing but he has also given me loads of moral support but also kept me interested by talking to me when I'm bored! He has a much nicer website than me (is a blog is actually a website?). You can visit his site at www.hamsterpyro.co.cc. He is someone also wishing to improve on his C++ - if anyone can help him with that, please do contact him as I feel sorry for him at the moment LOL

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the work, keep up the good work. When can we expect it to be ready by? And it will be good to get a mac version too, but accomplishing for windows will be sufficient enough

    ReplyDelete